BOOK AN APPOINTMENT
Everybody experiences stress. The human body is designed to feel stress and respond to it. It keeps you alert and ready to evade danger. However, when stress persists, your body will start breaking down, and conditions like erectile dysfunction can happen. The solution to managing stress is identifying the conditions that cause stress in your life and establishing ways to minimize them.
Studies show that stress increases your risk for conditions that might cause erectile dysfunction like:
- Excessive consumption of alcohol
- Low levels of cholesterol
- High blood pressure
- Heart disease
Your erection involves various crucial body processes and systems. A disruption in any of them can cause erectile dysfunction.
- Blood vessels
- Nervous system
Stress affects how your brain responds to your body’s physical functions. Therefore, stress interrupts how your brain transmits messages to your penis to enhance increased blood flow. Stress can also lead to a cycle of continuous erectile dysfunction. Experiencing erectile dysfunction can cause behavioral changes that cause stress and anxiety, and thus more cases of erectile dysfunction.
Treating psychological causes of erectile dysfunction often involve therapy. Therapy can assist you in treating stress that causes erectile dysfunction. Some of the therapeutic methods used to manage stress include:
- Counseling: You will cooperate with the therapist to identify and remedy the major factors that cause stress in your life so that you can be able to manage them.
- Sexual anxiety therapy: Your health care provider will explain erectile dysfunction to you comprehensively. That can assist you in reducing worries and issues caused by a lack of knowledge about your condition. Then the doctor will help you in handling emotional issues and finding a solution. Solutions might vary from reactivating your imagination to trying to stay relaxed.
- Sex therapy: This strategy concentrates on sensational pressure rather than sexual activity or arousal. It targets reducing your stress by establishing a more reliable and secure sex life.
- Psychodynamic therapy: This approach often involves handling the subconscious conflicts to assist you in finding the root cause of your erectile dysfunction.
Alternative therapies can also assist in addressing stress. Modern therapies include:
- Relaxation techniques
These remedies might help you manage your levels of stress and anxiety. Studies show that meditation can transform your brain chemistry and decrease stress. However, there is less evidence to support the effectiveness of the alternative treatments of stress compared to stress medications and traditional methods. But they can offer extra benefits alongside the treatments prescribed by your health care provider.
Stress and Erectile Dysfunction treatments are very successful. The sooner you contact your doctor about your warning signs, the sooner he will be able to find the right treatment for you. Erectile dysfunction can also be a sign of various chronic conditions like heart diseases. That is one of the primary reasons why it is crucial to discuss erectile dysfunction with symptoms with your health care provider.
Establishing the cause of your erectile dysfunction can assist your doctor in identifying and managing other underlying health issues that you might be experiencing. The discussion about your erectile dysfunction problem can be a chance to speak about your overall health.